MARRIAGE BASED INTERVIEW TO A USA CITIZEN.

Kalamazoo, MI |

I went for a marriag green card interview . The IO ask me and my wife few questions about each other which was easy and did not separate us.. Everything went well. She asked about my birth certificate because i have attestation of birth certificate due to my birth at home. then she took my i94 and and ask for evidences of marriage which i gave. She said she will see if she can get my approve today if everything goes well on her computer and took my passport and put a a note saying that i should not forget to remove conditions after 1 year and 9 month and said after three years then i can qualify for citizenship. Then i asked her if i was approved she said i will receive a decision in the mail if am approved or if they need further documentation from me. Please HELP!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

1. It means exactly that, that you will either receive a decision or a request for further documentation by mail.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Exactly what you heard. Be patient. They give themselves 90 days in which to reach a decision.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I am assuming this is in Detroit and you had one particular officer who, for whatever reason, NEVER tells people she is approving the application. Instead she tells them that if she needs more information, she will send something out in the mail; otherwise, they should expect a decision in the mail. Often she says that she needs to complete her "security check."

Don't worry. She does this to everyone. If you receive a denial or a request for evidence, then contact an attorney.

Marriage and prenups topics