MARRIAGE BASED INTERVIEW TO A USA CITIZEN.

Kalamazoo, MI |

I went for a marriag green card interview . The IO ask me and my wife few questions about each other which was easy and did not separate us.. Everything went well. She asked about my birth certificate because i have attestation of birth certificate due to my birth at home. then she took my i94 and and ask for evidences of marriage which i gave. She said she will see if she can get my approve today if everything goes well on her computer and took my passport and put a a note saying that i should not forget to remove conditions after 1 year and 9 month and said after three years then i can qualify for citizenship. Then i asked her if i was approved she said i will receive a decision in the mail if am approved or if they need further documentation from me. Please HELP!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I'll second that.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You will have to wait for an answer in the mail. They will either give you their decision or ask you to provide more evidence.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Lisa Michelle Anderson

Lisa Michelle Anderson

Whether you should just wait or go to USCIS in person for a follow up visit to inquire about your case depends on how long it has been since your interview. If more than 180 days passes and you do not have a decision, you should have an attorney go see the officer. You should have a decision within 180 days of the interview or something may be wrong. Good luck.

Marriage and prenups topics