Marriage based I-485

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Hi,

I filed for Marriage Based Green Card in October 2012. Got my I-765 approved. I was on H1-B for 2 years before I got married. Interview was in April 2013, I-130 was approved on the spot and was told that everything looked ok and I should get GC within 2-3 weeks. It has been 3 months since and I-485 still hasn't been approved. Field processing dates for the office is after the filing date (hence should not be a problem). Everything about the marriage is genuine, no other complications (overstay etc) and I don't see any reason for the delay. What should I do now?
Will infopass work? Should I contact congress mans office? How would I do that?
During the interview in NYC, the field officer changed my address to one in NJ where I live now. Would that cause a delay?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . It might. Infopass is definitely a way to go. Hiring an immigration attorney to figure out the problem is another.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

5

Answered . There a variety reasons there could be delays. A failure to change the address can cause a delay. It also could be as simple as you are waiting for security clearances. You would be best advised to schedule an infopass appointment with the field office where the interview was conducted. You can make an appointment by going to USCIS's website. You can find out more specific information about your case. If you are not satisfied with the information received or there are continued delays, you should consider consulting an attorney.

3. Steven Tanijo

Pro

2

Answered . You may set up an infopass to see if you can get an update, call USCIS for an update, contact your congressman if you choose, or hire an attorney to look into the matter for you. Changing your address should not cause any delays unless if was an incorrect address. You may also look up your case from the link below to see if was approved. However, I just checked and the link is down at the moment. You can try later. If it was approved then you know it's an address issue.