Marriage based green card interview with no decision or clear outcome, what does it mean? What should we except?

Asked over 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

My wife and I had our marriage interview with no decision or outcome in the end. My wife is a naturalized US citizen. We were very shocked and upset at the end of the interview from the behaviour of the immigration officer. The officer was rude, hostile and somewhat condescending and accusatory. The officer only kept asking questions about us which we answered without a problem (we've been together for almost 6 years!!) and we never got upset and were very polite despite their behavior. At the end when we asked the officer regarding the next steps or outcome, the officer said they'll look into the case some more and then we should hear in 30-60 days if it's a denial (the officer mentioned denial twice) or whatever the decision is. No I-94 or EAD card was withheld. We are still shocked

- We were married a few months after my wife was naturalized.
- We've lived together for over 4 years and brought a lease with both our names on it from 3 years ago.
- I have always been in good status in the U.S., no criminal record either.
- We did bring supporting documents, including photos. To our surprise the officer gave the photos back to us ...
- While we answered all questions with no problem, we did get nervous naturally since the interview was intense due to the behavior of the officer.
- We weren't greeted and the officer did not introduce himself. She rarely looked at us. They didn't even ask for some of the documentation but we handed it over anyways. Nothing was really explained, the whole experience was strange and the interview disorganized and somewhat abruptly interrupted.

1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . That is an unfortunate experience, but generally INS officers are polite and introduce themselves at the interview. You will have to await the outcome of the desicion and you can later on make a complaint to the District Director for the LA district office where the interview took place.
    If however your application gets denied you always have a second chance to reapply before the INS or before the immigration judge. It is always advisable to go to your interview with a lawyer.