Marriage annulment in Alameda County

Asked 12 months ago - Menlo Park, CA

My friend got married before his divorce got finalized from his first marriage. I know that this makes it void. Would there be any complications to annul the 2nd marriage? The 2nd wife already passed away 2 years ago. And, how does he file for annulment himself, without an attorney's help. Financial reasons. Thank you.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . He's made this VERY complicated by waiting. In order to annul the marriage from wife #2, he's going to not only need to file an annulment, he's going to have to serve it on the representative of her estate. What's he been doing for the4 last two years, before he decided to try and straighten this out? This is NOT a series of legal steps which it is likely he'll be able to do correctly without an EXPERIENCED attorney.

  2. John Noah Kitta

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Your friend has most unusual facts, and the probability, and possibility, of him accomplishing an annulment of his marriage to a deceased individual in pro per is slim to none without a vast knowledge of the law. Although no attorney can guarantee that this would be an easy or inexpensive task, it is highly recommended that he retain a very experienced and competent Family Law Practitioner; otherwise, it is anticipated that things will not go well for him in Family Law court.

    If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,215 answers this week

2,838 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,215 answers this week

2,838 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary