Skip to main content

Marital settlement agreement (California) Uncontested, Married 10 years, 6 months, waiting for the 31 days to file.

Los Angeles, CA |

All docs are signed and notarized. But, the respondent will be leaving the country and unavailable so, wondering if anyone can see if a judge might have a problem with any of our wording: Petitioner will pay Respondent spousal support of $3,000.00 on the 1st of every month starting February 1st, 2012. Spousal support will be paid for a total of 3 years (36 months), ending on January 1st 2015; unless one of the following scenarios happens first: Respondent's income exceeds $100,000.00, Respondent cohabitates and/or gets remarried. In the event one of these scenarios occurs, payments will cease. Both parties enter this non-modifiable agreement willingly and ask that no court will have jurisdiction to order such additional spousal support payable by petitioner to respondent at any time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your question is definitely beyond the scope of the AVVO site.
You need to take all your docs and the entire agreement to a Family Law Attorney.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer