Mar. 2013 Charged with 3 felony drug charges, $500 surveilance sys. siezed, I wasn't home, Have NO prior felony/drug charges.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lenoir, NC

I had an old friend of mine ask to stay at my apartment for a few days. She had been running from a probation violation for a few months. ( I didn't know this at the time) Somehow word got out that she was there, and PO'S showed up looking for her. I was not present at the time, but my GF was. My GF answered the door, and confirmed that their suspect was in my apt. Suspect told officers that she was coming out to surrender. PO asked my girlfriend for permission to search, which my GF denied b/c of my absence. PO procceeded to push my GF out of the way to take custody of suspect. In plain sight officers noticed POT on the coffee table. (1/4 oz) Officers located MSM (Joint Med. for horses) my security cam sys was siezed, i was charged with manufacturing. meth, pwisd, and maint. dwelling.

1. 5

Answered . These are very serious charges. You need to talk to an attorney ASAP. Your prior record could be extremely influential in obtaining a good outcome on your case, but more details are necessary to suggest your next step.

2. 3

Answered . You need an attorney to sort out the search and seizure issues and work for the best outcome possible. Consult an experienced attorney ASAP.

3. 1

Answered . This is rather serious and can only be handled by an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area, who will investigate all of the facts and proceed accordingly to represent you.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,