Mandatory retirment has lowered my child support and spousal support . I live in Ca , and higlhly need that money at this time.

Asked over 2 years ago - San Marcos, CA

It lower around $1000 per month. I am wondering is there any way I can get this money back? or at least gets credit for it on mandatory retirments.

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

5

Answered . If the payor of your child support and spousal support suffered a reduction in his/her income, and thereafter requested a downward modification of his/her support obligation which was granted by the court, then the reduction in your support was proper under California law.

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

5

Answered . I am not sure what you are asking. Consult a local attorney in person. There are not enough facts here to properly answer your question.

3. Ronald S. Pichlik

Answered . If the support reduction was requested due to a material change in circumstances, such as mandatory retirement, and granted by the court than I would say that the reduction was legally and properly granted. Your only recourse would be to hire an attorney to appeal the decision alleging that the court abused its discretion. This is an expensive proposition and one that is not likely to meet with success.