Mandatory detention on Individual hearing day?

Cape Girardeau, MO |

If my husband(who is being held in Scott County Jail) has been in mandatory detention and the the Judge approves his I485 at our individual hearing will my husband be released that day or does he have to wait until he can go to St.Louis(1 1/2 hours away from where he is being held at) to sign papers and so forth? We are doing a 3 way teleconference because my husband is staying at the jail (Benton MO,the lawyer is out of St.Louis,MO and Judge is in Kansas City MO.

He will have to be released from wherever he is detained. The release may take hours.
Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
Atrium Centre
4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
(954)434-5800
www.guerralegal.com

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

If you have a lawyer, you should ask your lawyer that question. He or she knows your case and the local conditions, we don't.

I agree with my colleagues that ICE has to process him through.

Patrick Caston Crowley, Esq. (718-769-6352) Law Offices of Marina Shepelsky, P.C. 936 Kings Hwy, 2nd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11223 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Education law topics