Manager had convo on skype with my ex who was an employee as well, and was part of firing me. What should i do?

Stafford, VA |

I was fired a 6 months ago from a company, due to making a change to my ADA accommodation and then liable for termination based on schedule compliance. (change existed a week, and was terminated due to delays of returning to work, as associated with the accomodation). Months later, after becoming engaged, i find conversations had during both my ex and my employment, being she was also released at some point before me(during the time they first tried to fire me) but was legitimate attendence issue on her part.

Being he was part of firing me, I question whether this was a wrongful termination, and what a lawyer's take on this would be. There is a lot more to it, where he has family who ended up getting my special projects and slander i proved wrong originally to fire me b4 the ADA change.

Conversation- Sexual in nature (manager-ee relation, ee was dating me, and all the same time his little brother was given my projects upon invalid warning) ADA Accomodation- 15 mins intermittent time as needed for anxiety approved to simply make immediate manager immediately aware and to clock into a specific meeting code. Later changed that needed pre-approval, could not be attached to any other break or getting started in morning. Warning- months of "discrepancies" brought to my attention in warning/potential for termination-- while i was working projects and my immediate manager consistently reviewed the scores i was questioned upon and never brought a single item to my attention until it was in a list attacking my integrity. Disputed and proven by HR to be invalid cases for each presented item.

1. If you have a discrimination theory about retaliatory discharge or hostile workplace conditions you'll need a lawyer. Religious belief, age, gender, race etc. all are discriminatory reasons for which you cannot be legally fired and upon which you might base a wrongful termination suit.

If you are an at-will employee, you can be fired for any reason or no reason, except unlawful discrimination. If you do not have an employment contract or union to represent you, your recourse is limited. Discrimination based on age, gender, race, religious beliefs etc.... may give rise to a different answer.