Man has been indicted for Attempted MURDER second degree he has no priors in Brooklyn NY.. what is the best possible outcome

Brooklyn, NY |

He was a marine and suffers from PTSD. He was set up and robbed at gun point in his house by defendant. After running into defendant @ the store 2 weeks later they exchanged words which led him to believe if he didn't shoot defendant there would be a shoot out. He shot defendant 8 times defendant then sent ppl to my house (Im girlfriend) to cause me harm and to shoot up by BF home. one of two gunman got caught shooting his house. almost 3 weeks after defendant was shot my BF was arrested with weapon he used. He still feared for his life. What is the best case scenario/outcome?

1. The best case scenario is everyone just says "sorry" and the charges are dropped.

That is not going to happen. Reality is that this person faces real prison time if convicted. He needs a fabulous criminal defense attorney to help protect his rights.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. He needs the best criminal defense attorney that he can afford. Things don't look good

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

3. He's looking at heavy time. He needs a good criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. A long prison sentence. However, the accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This matter should discuss this with the nearest experienced local criminal litigation attorney you can find.
    Go to Trial: Crash the Justice System: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/go-to-trial-crash-the-justice-system.html?_r=0
    Not contemplated by the Framers! The Devil’s Bargain: "95 percent are resolved by plea bargains." http://shar.es/xdVIY #cjreform

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Violent crime topics