Skip to main content

Man getting named cleared after false imprisonment.?

Winston-salem, NC |

She claimed I strangled her, and regularly abused her, She caled the cops when I was not home, because I was out at the nabors asking for advice on what to do, sense she was abandoning the marrige for a man in indiana that had more money than me. As far as I can find there was no evidence to back up her story, just her word and a baligerent arresting officers word against mine.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. When you say "imprisonment"; do you mean being arrested, but not convicted? Or convicted and having served a prision sentence for years? It makes a difference. If it is the time after the arrest and you still can fight the charge, then you have more remedies easily available to you. If it is post conviction, then it will be harder. Have you petitioned for Clemency to clear your name? Also, checking into whether North Carolina's criminal code provides for the equivilent of a civil Declartory Judgment action to have a finding of fact made as to the lack of evidence for your guilt. After getting a finding of fact that there was no basis, then you need to see what civil remedies are available to you for malicious prosecution or abuse of process in North Carolina. As I am often in Court call my assistant Dan London at 311-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should no be broadcast over the Internet.

    This is a general answer and does not address the specifics of your individual case. To give the specific answer you need our firm needs you to come in for a consultation.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics