Malpractice Lawsuit

Fayetteville, PA |

We just found out our brother never put us down as beneficiaries. I was able to get in contact with the lawyer and I told him it was 7 of us 4 by marriage and 3 half siblings. What actions can be taken place as him being administrator

1. You should schedule a family meeting so everyone is on the same page. Also, you should get a top-rated Avvo lawyer to handle the lawsuit, one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice.

2. As long as the attorney knows who the beneficiaries are before the case is settled or tried, you are not prejudiced. Christian's idea of having a family meeting to discuss is a good idea. Since I don't know the relationship of the survivors, it is impossible to give you much more advice other than discuss with your attorney. Hopefully, everyone can be on the same page and work together.

3. It is always better to work out the issues as early as possible. You might suggest to the attorney that he have a meeting with all the beneficiaries to make sure everyone knows how any eventual recovery will be divided.

4. I agree with the others. I would suggest sending a letter and records, to support your and the others' status, to the attorney to insure that your communication is documented and that your family is protected without undue effort and the possibility of further litigation or issues.