Malpractice. My son suffered serious physical injury

Asked over 1 year ago - Syracuse, NY

I have been on this sit for about 6 or 7 months now. I am looking to pursue a lawsuit for my son. He suffered serious brain injury. I have contacted a number of lawyers between this site and local search engines of lawyers. Not one lawyer that i have contacted will not pick up my case. If you are interested in some of the detail i will be more than willing to share information and hopefully it will help me in pursuing the lawsuit.

1. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

13

Answered . Likely if no lawyer is willing to pick it up there is not a liability case against the medical provider. For an injury case you need 2 things: liability and damages. It sounds like you have damages but not liability. In a medical malpractice case the mere fact that there was a bad outcome does not mean that the medical services providers were negligent; i.e., breached a duty of care owed to your son. So it is most likely that you have no case despite the brain trauma.

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

11

Answered . Medical malpractice cases are hard to prove and cost a lot of money to litigate. Get copies of your son's medical records and keep on searching. You can use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool above or simply post the details to find out why you cannot get a lawyer to take the case. Good luck.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

9

Answered . I would certainly be willing to hear the facts and try to steer you in the right direction.

4. Michael Wayne Goldstein

8

Answered . I am not sure if you are saying that several lawyers are interested in your son's case, OR that no lawyer is interested in your son's case.
    Feel free to complete the questionnaire at my website & give me a summary of the malpractice in date order..
    I will review your submission. I work with several excellent malpractice lawyers. If we believe we can help, we will let you know.

5. Josh P Tolin

9

Answered . Be persistent. It looks like you already have a couple of attorneys interested. I am sorry your son is having issues. I wish both of you good luck and hope you succeed in your legal endeavor.

Pro

9

Answered . Any one of the above lawyers in your state would be happy to discuss it with you.

7. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

5

Answered . Need to prove fault of doctor. Injury itself is not enough to win a case. Contact other medical practice lawyers. Sometimes nit every lawyer things that it is a slam dunk.

8. William K. Mattar

Pro

5

Answered . Malpractice liability can be difficult to identify and prove. I recommend that you continue your search. Many NY lawyers would be happy to review the facts.
    There are time limits to pursue the claim.

9. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

3

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your son. As my colleagues have stated, even where there is a horrendous injury it may not be medical malpractice In order to pursue a case of this nature you need to also have liability. What have the attorneys stated who are not interested in representing your son?

One or more answers have been taken down.