Malicious prosecution/false arrest

Saginaw, MI |
Filed under: Civil rights

In Michigan, if the case is eventually nolle prossed, but the court found probable cause at the prelim, is there any basis for civil liabilty for malicious prosecution and/or false arrest

1. If the officers knowingly supplied false information or hid exculpatory evidence in order to establish probable cause at the preliminary examination, then you might be able to sustain a claim.

A determination of your likelihood of success on any potential claims that you might have will require an in depth review of the specific facts of your case and supporting evidence.

Make an appointment to consult with a civil rights attorney experienced in police misconduct and constitutional rights violations.

Based on your post I do not have all the facts necessary to give legal advice specific to your case. Do not rely on my answer for legal advice. I am only providing general information. For legal help consult with attorneys of your choosing. Other attorneys may come to different conclusions. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship can only be established by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Civil rights topics