Major Depression, successfully treated w/meds and counseling. 3 wks ago, I felt sad, expressed suicidal ideation, no plan.

Asked about 2 years ago - Wall, NJ

Called local crisis center, and cops and screener came, and belligerently treated me; at last chance 2 go 2 crisis unit, I said OK, but I'm diabetic, I need to pee. Cop did running tackled and cuffed me; I've severe hip/spine disease w/hip implant. Any other med prob. I cant be forced 2 go for care. Why is a "mental malady treated differently than cardiac cases, where I can refuse help. 2add insult, I'm charged w/obstruction. Cop said "this is my insurance policy" I've not seen report, I'm sure is creatively written. I hear US Supreme Ct said it's OK 4 cops 2 lie 2 you, not vice-a-versa. Do I have a case 4 civil rights, ADA and/or PI case(s)? NB: I use a wheelchair/cane, both in view in a 450 sq' apt. Thanks 4 your advices. PS I've fractured breastbone & ribs; Increased prosthetic hip pain

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can retain a civil rights attorney if the police officer broke your breastbone and ribs.

    The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

    Only 29% fee deducted.

    Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need a personal injury attorney that understand civil rights litigation. When it comes to bringing claims against police officers, the timing is pivotal so see an attorney THIS WEEK!

    Good luck to you!

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more

Related Topics

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,759 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,759 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering