Major Depression, successfully treated w/meds and counseling. 3 wks ago, I felt sad, expressed suicidal ideation, no plan.

Wall, NJ |

Called local crisis center, and cops and screener came, and belligerently treated me; at last chance 2 go 2 crisis unit, I said OK, but I'm diabetic, I need to pee. Cop did running tackled and cuffed me; I've severe hip/spine disease w/hip implant. Any other med prob. I cant be forced 2 go for care. Why is a "mental malady treated differently than cardiac cases, where I can refuse help. 2add insult, I'm charged w/obstruction. Cop said "this is my insurance policy" I've not seen report, I'm sure is creatively written. I hear US Supreme Ct said it's OK 4 cops 2 lie 2 you, not vice-a-versa. Do I have a case 4 civil rights, ADA and/or PI case(s)? NB: I use a wheelchair/cane, both in view in a 450 sq' apt. Thanks 4 your advices. PS I've fractured breastbone & ribs; Increased prosthetic hip pain

Yes, you can retain a civil rights attorney if the police officer broke your breastbone and ribs.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

You need a personal injury attorney that understand civil rights litigation. When it comes to bringing claims against police officers, the timing is pivotal so see an attorney THIS WEEK!

Good luck to you!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law