Maintain privacy for Nevada S Corporation officer information?

Las Vegas, NV |

I am setting up a new S corporation in Nevada. On the website they appear to list the corporate officers names and roles. My company works in the adult internet entertainment industry and I am not really looking to have my name be listed.

Is it possible to only list my attorneys information as perhaps a nominee officer (secretary?) but not give any actual or power in the corporation.

Thank you!

States require officer to be listed so that the responsible parties can be identified for suits and other liabilities.Probably not, and what makes you think that an attorney would stick his neck for you?

Good luck!
Phillip M. Smith Jr.
Los Angeles Tax & Business Attorney
Licensed in the United States Tax Court
Call: 323-292-4116 or 562-505-1004

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The answer to question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. Mr. Smith is licensed to practice law throughout the state of California with offices in Los Angeles County. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States, and is also licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court. His phone number is 323-292-4116 or his email address is

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights