Made my second follow up interview for my asylum application , is it a good sign ?

Fort Worth, TX |
Filed under: Political asylum

I made my first interview , then after a month the supervisory asked me to do a follow up interview with my officer cause he got a few questions to ask me about , I did my second interview and we had about 40 Min's doing it , everything went well and at the end he told me that he got my back . its been a week now since then , I'm still worried , I made everything by myself and want your advise
Thank you so much

Sounds okay, but impossible to predict.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

It's not a "bad" sign. It is merely the process it took to complete your particular application. All you can do is wait now.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

It sounds like there may have been issues in your case regarding certain aspects of your asylum claim. Depending on the question and answer session during your second interview those issues may have been resolved either in favor of or against your claims. If you feel that everything went well, you could be right. The hardest part now is to just sit and wait for the results. Hopefully, you will receive a positive decision.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (213)632-3900

Recommended articles about Immigration