M on L1A dependent. Visa expiring in June14. have to go India for few weeks. Will I be facing any prob coming back May.

Trenton, NJ |

I am on L1A dependent Visa. Our Visa is expiring in June14.
Because of some urgent reason I have to go to India for few weeks.
Will I be facing any problem coming back in May.
Also, our Visa extension is applied currently

Carry the requisite paperwork and the extension filing receipt. Hopefully your visa is still valid.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

Thanks for your reply. Yes my Visa is still valid and I will come back in its validity (early May is come back and Visa is valid till June). Just want to be sure that at Port of entry they will let me in

Leaving while the extension is pending requires delicate coordination.

Work with the company's immigration lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You might. Visit the consulate and ask for extension of you visa.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Recommended articles about Immigration