Lying on an address while submitting residence paperwork have major consecuences?

Asked over 1 year ago - Littleton, CO

I am applying for the residence of my parents. While filling the paperwork there is a questions that asks for the current address of one of my brothers; he is ilegal in the US, so he is afraid to put his US address and he asked to put a Mexican address, but i do not know if this will have consequences on the approval of my parents residence status.

1. Laura L Lichter

4

Answered . Rule #1: don't lie to the government--they aren't very forgiving. The fact that your brother is in the US should not impact your parents' case. Putting an incorrect address on the form will not change the fact that your brother is unlawfully in the U.S.

You might consider consulting with an immigration attorney to make sure there are no other issues, and/or to see what can be done about your brother's case.

2. Igor Serbinin

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, the government can deny benefit if finds out about false information on application. As a practical matter it is not a secret that there are many folks in US without documentation however the government does not have policies or even resources to track everyone down unless there are some compelling grounds for it like arrest warrants or fugitive warrants. good luck

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

3

Answered . you should always be truthful on any and all immigration forms

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. C. C. Abbott

2

Answered . My colleages are correct. The signature section has a certification component with a penality of perjury. Also, when attempting to petition or file any other application. Thus, any falsehood can harm the beneficiary, the petitioner, and even the person to whom the lie concerns.

5. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Lying to the government is always a bad idea. In the immigration context, it can result is charges of fraud and deportation.