LPN falsely accused of abuse! PLEASE HELP

Youngstown, OH |

Back in December I was working in a nursing home when an Rn supervisor, who i have had previous issues with, alleged that a dementia patient was tied to her wheel chair by her bath robe by an stna. I wrote a statement and kept a copy stating i was on another wing helping another nurse.Facility "did an investigation" and claimed they did not believe i tied said resident down but that i had knowledge even though this impossible. They let me go, and have been paying unemployment since, but today i was contacted by the attorney general's special agent about this incident. What should I do? What needs to be done? Please help!

I"m supposed to meet with this investigator on the 25th of this month at the library, in a private room, I can't really afford an attorney since i'm unemployed but i need to protect my license.

1. Unless you are indigent (unable to pay for a lawyer), you need to hire a criminal defense lawyer IMMEDIATELY. In the meantime, say NOTHING to anyone, including this investigator, about this matter.

2. If you are unable to pay for a lawyer, you should still SAY NOTHING except that you want to talk to a lawyer. In the event that you are charged with a crime, the court will appoint a public defender for you.

Its unclear why they may be contacting you - as a witness or as a suspect. Regardless, consult with a local employment law attorney who also has some experience with criminal law. It may be nothing more than they want to talk to you about what you may know.

Whenever an AG gets involved, retain a criminal lawyer, and do not make any statement without your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I would consult an attorney in your area who handles professional allegations made against Health Care Professionals. You need to be represented for this matter and should meet with an attorney work out payment arrangements.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.