Low cost immigration attorney?

Asked about 1 year ago - Malden, MA

My wife and I are ready to start adjustment of status and are looking for an immigration attorney in the Boston or the Greater Boston area or Malden, Everett, Medford, Lynn, Melrose, Revere, Chelsea to offer some assistance. We need one who has a payment plan typo-agreement and are willing to pay up to $1000?

1. Neil F. Lewis

Pro

5

Answered . I would be doing you a disservice if I did not tell you that I think you are crazy to search for a lawyer by price. The prices are all over the place. They are great lawyers who charge very little, just as there are not great lawyers who charge way too much.

Please use the tools available at avvo.com to find a lawyer near you who you think you would like to work with. I find immigration to be an incredibly personal experience. You should like and respect to you hire.

2. Rebekah Grafton

3

Answered . I don't have an answer on an attorney in Boston, but you should know that the fees alone for an adjustment of status are $1070, plus $420 for the petition. Hopefully you can find someone who is willing to do a payment plan to help you prepare your forms as it is very important to make sure the process goes smoothly. Best of luck!

3. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

2

Answered . You can use avvo's tool "find a lawyer" and search for a lawyer in your area. Call a few lawyers and ask for their rates/flat fees. I am sure you will find someone in your area.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  4. Enrique Felix Mesa Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You should contact Catholic Charities.

Good Luck,
    Enrique F. Mesa Jr., Esq.
    Manchester, NH
    603-296-2222

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Select a counsel based on their ability and knowledge not by what they charge.