Skip to main content

Low cost immigration attorney?

Malden, MA |

My wife and I are ready to start adjustment of status and are looking for an immigration attorney in the Boston or the Greater Boston area or Malden, Everett, Medford, Lynn, Melrose, Revere, Chelsea to offer some assistance. We need one who has a payment plan typo-agreement and are willing to pay up to $1000?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. I don't have an answer on an attorney in Boston, but you should know that the fees alone for an adjustment of status are $1070, plus $420 for the petition. Hopefully you can find someone who is willing to do a payment plan to help you prepare your forms as it is very important to make sure the process goes smoothly. Best of luck!

  2. You can use avvo's tool "find a lawyer" and search for a lawyer in your area. Call a few lawyers and ask for their rates/flat fees. I am sure you will find someone in your area.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

  3. I would be doing you a disservice if I did not tell you that I think you are crazy to search for a lawyer by price. The prices are all over the place. They are great lawyers who charge very little, just as there are not great lawyers who charge way too much.

    Please use the tools available at to find a lawyer near you who you think you would like to work with. I find immigration to be an incredibly personal experience. You should like and respect to you hire.

    I am a pretty smart guy, but I do not know everything. My answers here come from the knowledge I carry around in my head--if you want me to look something up, you should come see me. Take any advice here as being general in nature. Please be careful with your life and make decisions that are smart.

  4. You should contact Catholic Charities.

    Good Luck,
    Enrique F. Mesa Jr., Esq.
    Manchester, NH

    Phone: 603-296-2222; Email: LawServe - 15 Stark St., Manchester, NH. The information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as legal advice or a creation of an attorney/client relationship.

  5. Select a counsel based on their ability and knowledge not by what they charge.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics