Loud music and noise from Restaurant/bar below my condo is causing me headaches. Is there a legal recourse?

The Condo was built before the Restaurant. The Restaurant has outdoor seating and live music and a bar below the condo. It is very loud and goes on until midnight from Spring to Fall. Is there any recourse I have to stop the racket below me?

Boston, MA -

Emma A. Kremer

Emma A. Kremer

Litigation Lawyer - Boston, MA

If you are part of a condo association you should bring it up to the association. You may also want to contact the city or town in which you live to ensure that the restaurant or bar is abiding by any restrictions as to noise levels, hours of operation, occupancy limits, zoning, etc. You could possibly file a private or public nuisance action but it may be difficult and depends on a myriad of factors that would be hard to flesh out in this forum without knowing more. You should consult your condo association or sit down with an attorney for a consultation to see what, if anything, you can do about this. Best of luck.

Anjali Gupta Stevenson

Anjali Gupta Stevenson

Residential Real Estate Lawyer - Wayland, MA

Is the restaurant a part of the condo?

Henry Lebensbaum

Henry Lebensbaum

Criminal Defense Attorney - Andover, MA

Call the licensing board.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

David Seth Rodlund

David Seth Rodlund

DUI / DWI Attorney - Paw Paw, MI

Really? You probably moved in there knowing this. You should move if you want to solve this. Is this part of your lease?