Lost Passport and I797 (which has I94 attached)

Asked over 1 year ago - Torrance, CA

While arranging my travel documents I realized that my passport and I797 (which has I94 attached) is missing. I need to travel urgently to India. Provided I get a duplicate passport done before I travel. Is it OK to travel? I have copies of my old passport and I797.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I, too, agree.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You'll need a new passport, proof of current status and if possible records of your admissions to the U.S. and when you do travel abroad you will need to get re-stamped in the new passport. Plan accordingly.

  3. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Eichorn. Good luck to you.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,064 answers this week

2,907 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,064 answers this week

2,907 attorneys answering