Lost old expired passport and cr-1 interview at US consulate abroad

San Francisco, CA |

Hi there my husband applied for my cr-1 visa and i will have my interview soon. I just wanted to ask my first passport issued to me 10 years had a travel history to Saudi arabia. i was wondering if i will be asked for old expired passport to see my travel history mentioned on ds-230.. since it ws an expired passport it was never required to travel anywher nor asked by anyone i just misplaced and cant find.. i was wondering if i will have problems and my visa is not going to be issued?

1. You will not be asked to provide an old, expired passport.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. That should not cause a problem. Your interview will mainly focus on your eligibility for an immigrant visa, not on your past travels to Saudi Arabia. You are only required to have an unexpired passport that is valid for at least 6 months at the time you receive a US visa.

3. You need a current passport, not an old one.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.