Lost old expired passport and cr-1 interview at US consulate abroad

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Hi there my husband applied for my cr-1 visa and i will have my interview soon. I just wanted to ask my first passport issued to me 10 years had a travel history to Saudi arabia. i was wondering if i will be asked for old expired passport to see my travel history mentioned on ds-230.. since it ws an expired passport it was never required to travel anywher nor asked by anyone i just misplaced and cant find.. i was wondering if i will have problems and my visa is not going to be issued?

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You need a current passport, not an old one.

2. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . You will not be asked to provide an old, expired passport.

3. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

1

Answered . That should not cause a problem. Your interview will mainly focus on your eligibility for an immigrant visa, not on your past travels to Saudi Arabia. You are only required to have an unexpired passport that is valid for at least 6 months at the time you receive a US visa.