Lost my old passport i had for my first 3 years of having my green card and don't remember the days i traveled ! US citizenship

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I've been a green card holder for almost 5 years and im about to apply for my US citizenship but i lost the passport that i had for my first 3 years of being a green card holder , and i don't remember the exact dates that i traveled outside the country in those years but i know for sure that it was never more than 6 months every trip , how am i gonna do with my application when it says to enter the dates of when i traveled ? ? is it going to be a problem ? can they verify their self ? please help !

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

5

Answered . Write the approximate dates and put an asterisk to it stating dates are an approximation due to loss of passport. Be prepared to provide some evidence towards travel in the form of airline tickets, etc.

2. Gintare Grigaite

4

Best Answer

Answered . You may put estimated dates and give an explanation at the interview.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . You must put your best approximation of the dates you travelled and explain that you lost the passport. If you have copies of your itineraries that should help you with the dates.

4. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

4

Answered . If you lost the passport, did you file a police report? Do you have any proof it was lost? You will have to try to reconstruct the trips and present evidence in the form of tickets or other evidence. You should always seek assistance of a good immigration attorney before filing with CIS. Yes they can check and there may be some record of your entries or departures into /out of the US. You can do Freedom of Information Act requests with various federal agencies, which I a good attorney can assist you with. Do a FOIA esp with Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Below is the link to search for AILA attorney.

5. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . Simply state the dates you can recall to the best of your recollection and explain that it is a guesstimate as you lost your passport.