Lose gun owerhip rights over a disorderly conduct charge?

Got convicted of disorderly , will that prevent me from owning a gun in johnson county? It was a stranger involved, not a family member.

Overland Park, KS -

Attorney Answers (1)

Patrick Michael Lewis

Patrick Michael Lewis

Criminal Defense Attorney - Olathe, KS

Generaly speaking the answer is no, a conviction for disorderly conduct will not make you a prohibited person under federal or state law. Misdemeanors, other than crimes of domestic violence, generally cannot trigger this disqualification. However if you are on probation and the judge orders you to not possess a firearm while on probation then you cannnot until the probation is completed.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.