Lose gun owerhip rights over a disorderly conduct charge?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Overland Park, KS

Got convicted of disorderly , will that prevent me from owning a gun in johnson county? It was a stranger involved, not a family member.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . Generaly speaking the answer is no, a conviction for disorderly conduct will not make you a prohibited person under federal or state law. Misdemeanors, other than crimes of domestic violence, generally cannot trigger this disqualification. However if you are on probation and the judge orders you to not possess a firearm while on probation then you cannnot until the probation is completed.

    Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is... more

Related Topics

Criminal charges for disorderly conduct

Disorderly conduct, usually a misdemeanor charge, means disrupting the peace or public space through threatening, disruptive, lewd, or drunken behavior.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,662 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,662 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering