Looks like we cannot track the status of Application of Asylum online? What you say?

Asked over 4 years ago - Minneapolis, MN

I have my receipt number with 3 letters in front followed by 10 digits. It starts with Z........... I checked the "Check the status of my Application" online at www.usics.gov. It mentions "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status". I had filed my application on March 4th. Is there any other way I could track the status of my asylum application? I have receipt number.

Help please.

1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

Answered . You may call the 800 number, but it is unclear whether more information is available. It has only been three weeks. If you have an attorney who filed the form I-589, then the attorney may be able to check with asylum office, where your hearing will take place.

In general, it can take more time to schedule an interview, so you should use the time to continue to locate and secure documentation to prove your asylum claim and prepare for the hearing. It can be very difficult to prove a well founded fear of persecution in many situations.

The above is general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship.