Looking to create a job board site in different niches

Looking to create a job board site in different niches. I have noticed that there are several providers of job board code for a monthly fee to set up my site. I would then create content such as articles and videos to build traffic to the website. Then add SEO & PPC to further promote the website. Then have employers pay to have their job listed on the website. Seems like a very simple and low risk business model. What are the potential things I need to consider or legal work involved with this idea?

You are wise to consider the risk before getting started. However, Avvo is a question and answer board that works for short questions allowing for short answers that are more general than specific. Your request is so broad it is unrealistic to answer in this forum. If you are starting a business, you should have an ongoing relationship with a business attorney. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

I have to agree with Ms. Spencer. There are many facets to your business plan that needs competent legal advice. Find a good attorney to share your plan with and develop a good working relationship that can go on after your formation.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Recommended articles about Employment