Looking to apply for a visa which allows me have an Employee Authorization Document (EAD) to enter into the US after marriage

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I am a healthcare professional from India, getting married to my fiance who is currently on F-1 visa (CPT) in the US during mid-2014. He has been offered a full-time job and H1-B processing will start by April 2014 as advised by the company he is interning for. My question is, what would be the best visa for me to apply for in order to seek an entry into the USA. I am looking at a visa which allows me to have an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), basically the one which allows me to work or study for work. Thank you in advance.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

4

1

Answered . As a fiancé you are not an immediate relative and you are not eligible for any type of visa based on that relationship.
    Depending on your profession in the health care field you may be eligible for a visa or even a LPR status.
    I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine your alternatives.

3. Asma Warsi Chaudry

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . With either an F-2 or an H-4 visa, you won't be able to get work authorization, both of which are dependent on you fiance. If you want a visa that allows you to work or study, the best solution is for you to find an employer or school willing to assist you.

4. Stephen D. Berman

1

1

Answered . Try for an H1b if you have a bachelor's degree and you have a U.S. employer that requires that level of training and education.