Looking for pro bono lawyer for divorce.

Asked over 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I'm in Jacksonville fl and I'm looking for a pro bono lawyer for my divorce. The legal aid office is no help. So if you or anyone you know accepting cases please respond.

1. Kristopher Robert Reilly

1

Answered . Unfortunately, it is not always easy to find an attorney on a Pro Bono Basis especially if the situation is fairly routine. I do not have any other suggestions to enable you to obtain Pro Bono services if legal aid will not currently take your case.However, I have other suggestions that may help you with your given situation. Depending upon the complexity of the dissolution of marriage, you may want to consider hiring a law firm to provide document drafting services, and instructions on how to proceed Pro Se. While this arranagement is not as ideal as full representation, it still enables a party to receive legal assistance if they are on a limited budget. Furthermore, if the situation gets too tough for the party to be able to proceed on their own, the party may retain the attorney at anytime to jump into the case. Also, the Family Law Rules of Procedure allow an attorney to participate in what is called a "limited appearance." Essentially, an attorney only makes an appearance for a particular hearing or for a particular purpose. This can really keep the costs down. Finally, some firms will provide structured payment plans to help with the situation. In any event, do not attempt to proceed with a dissolution on your own without at least a consultation with an attorney. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact my firm for a free 20 minute initial telephone consultation.

www.krrlaw.com