Skip to main content

Looking for legal advice in a defamation case.

Chicago, IL |

We are running online services and a disgruntled user of our's is sending false DMCA complaints to our providers. We would like to file a police report and take legal actions towards this individual

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Welcome to the world of the internet. Unless you can show loss which is conclusively attributable to the disparaging remarks of your disgruntled user, you really have no recourse except to respond to the negative comments.

  2. If you know the identity of the person, try to resolve the underlying problem to make this stop, or send a cease and desist letter. A lawyer can also investigate a tortious interference claim.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics