Looking for help based on malpractice, breach of contract and many other possible issues.

Asked 8 months ago - Ambridge, PA

My daughter was in an Residential Treatment Facility for 13months and did not receive the care that she was to get. She was sexually abused by anther client within the facility, she attempted suicide (that was never reported). She has since been released to come home. She has been in DAS program and another psychiatric stay at a mental health hospital. She is receiving outpatient services through the same company and again not receiving what I signed for.

1. Samuel Cohen

7

1

Answered . Find an experienced PI attorney. These kinds of cases have special complications. Good luck!

Pro

7

1

Answered . Best to have a lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee.

3. Josh P Tolin

7

1

Answered . I would recommend finding an experienced malpractice attorney to discuss your potential case. Security in psychiatric facilities is very important, and I would discuss immediately with an attorney. Was police report or investigation done regarding the assault? That would be important information to tell your attorney. I'm sorry your daughter is having a difficult time.

4. David Herman Hirsch

7

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Tolin's point that a police report should be filed regarding the sexual assault. Otherwise, you should immediately consult with a personal injury attorney who can investigate the facts and determine what recourse you have. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

5. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

7

1

Answered . You will need a specialized lawyer who is local to evaluate your potential causes of action. God bless you, this must be especially hard for you. I have been involved in similar cases in Florida and they are very complicated. I wish you and your family the best.

6. Philip Anthony Fabiano

3

1

Answered . I just finished handling a very similar case involving sexual assault by a resident against another resident of a "group home." There are a lot of factual issues in these cases.
    You need to hire an attorney to assist you. Not receiving "services" at the new facility is a separate matter.