Looking for good law firm in Delaware for Social Security

Dover, DE |

We are in assistance of a good law firm in Delaware for Social Security. My wife has been suffering for the past couple of years and has been denied Social Security. We had worked with a law firm and unfortunately there staff was very unprofessional. We are at a point that my wife’s only has credits till the end of the year before she needs to submit a new claim. At least that is what we have been advised but due to the unprofessionalism of the firm we don’t feel comfortable having the submit anything on our behalf. Can someone please advise of a good Social Security Law firm in Dover DE area.

You should consider contacting NOSSCR referral service 800-431-2804. NOSSCR stands for the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives. A link to their website is below. As you know, the disability process is complex. Attorney representation can be beneficial, if not essential.

Once you receive your referral, conduct a thorough investigation into the representative's qualifications. I have prepared sample questions you should consider asking anyone you are considering hiring. They can be found in the link below.

This comment is published by and reflects the personal views of Nick Ortiz, in his individual capacity. It does not necessarily represent the views of his law firm or his clients, and is not sponsored or endorsed by them. The purpose of this comment site is to assist in dissemination of information about disability law, but no representation is made about the accuracy of the information. The information contained in this comment is provided only as general information for education purposes. The tips and suggestions contained in this comment may not be appropriate for your individual case. Please do not accept anything in this comment as legal advice unless and until you have hired me to represent you in your claim for benefits, and I have agreed – in writing – to represent you. By using this website you understand that this information is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to constitute legal advice. This comment should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state.

I concur NOSSCR is a great resource, beware of of non attorney SSA Advocate firms which promise much may not deliver on complex cases.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society.

NOSSCR is a great resource to find a local SS attorney.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Administrative law topics

Recommended articles about Administrative law