Looking for attorney to be part of start-up

Cupertino, CA |

We are trying to work with some specific government programs whose regs and personal are rather ornery. We are wonder if it would be prudent, since cash is tight, to have a counsel not paid by the hour. For example, I when I asked for a survey (they published page 1, but not 2-4), I was told start in DC and file a FIOA. This while in a 60-day evalueation window.

E.g. Fannie has a "disadvantaged" business, but I have waited > a month for a basic explanation, and still don't have it. I want to know how "unsolicited proposal" to the US government is handled (I have be waiting since 12/20/11) I am not that proficient at searching the FAR where as I hope an attorney would be.

Any hints?

Try And contact your congressperson and try get an insight track that way. They have staff to guide you with federal conflicts. The cost is free.

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

Very practical and original approach I had not considered. Thank you.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have an independent attorney review the written agreement between the company and the attorney who will be compensated with equity interests.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

I was warned of that potential conflict.

Venture capital topics

Recommended articles about Venture capital