Looking for attorney

San Francisco, CA |

I never needed a criminal attorney before in speaking to them how do I interview them to know they are a good attorney for my needs? What questions should I ask them without offending them to tell me they are the right attorney for my needs. Accused of #23152(a)
thank you.

1. Make sure the attorney has a lot of experience representing people accused of DUI. Ask how many people they have personally represented for DUI. Has the attorney represented clients in trial for DUI? What is their trial experience (DUI and other criminal cases).
    2. Make sure the attorney you talk to is also the attorney who will be representing you. Be careful of big name firms who give you the sales pitch and then hand you over to a less experienced associate. At a minimum, interview the associate who would represent you as well before retaining them.
    3. Meet at least three attorneys in person if you can. You will be able to tell who is the real deal and who knows what they are talking about vs. the lazy, incompetent, or unethical attorney.
    4. Ask the attorney if he/she has any strategies in mind for fighting your case.
    5. What do other people have to say about this attorney? Check the reviews!!!!

Any attorney who is offended by you asking these very important questions is NOT the right attorney for you. A great attorney who you can trust and rely on will spend the necessary time to talk to you and answer your questions. They should be able to answer your questions about your case clearly and without confusing you.

This answer is based on California law and procedure and does not create and attorney-client relationship.

2. Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

You should seek a criminal defense attorney who is experienced, and has previously defended her/his clients against the charge you are accused of.

3. Just ask them their thoughts, on your case. Be very weary of ANY attorney who promises your a certain result, because its not only impossible, it is unethical to do so. Tell them about your case, and see what they have to say, then, ask them questions you may have.

Good luck!

Elliot Zarabi
    www.zarabilaw.com
    213-612-7720

4. What you need is an attorney who you feel comfortable with, who has handled cases like yours, and who communicates with you in a way that you feel good about. I handle DUI cases in SF. If you would like to call me, please feel free to.

5. I agree with all of the other posters. Most importantly, you want someone who you feel comfortable speaking with in great detail and complete truthfulness about this unfortunate things that's happened. Talk with a number of attorneys first before deciding on who's the best fit for you. I handle DUI matters in SF - feel free to contact my office for a free consultation to discuss your situation.

Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

6. I would also add that you should watch out for the sales pitch. Some firms have "associates" or "business paralegals" that meet with you and get you to sign a retainer. Others have the named partner meet with you and get you signed up. In either case, your matter if farmed off to an associate who has been practicing law for a very short period of time. You never see or hear from the person whose name is on the door again.

There is nothing wrong with associates doing some of the work. But, make sure you know who is going to go to court for you and that you are comfortable with whoever from the firm is going to be working on your case.

Reliance on any information in this website is at the sole risk of the user and the user understands that he or she should consult with an attorney before taking a course of action based upon information contained in this website. The information on this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

7. I handle DUI's throughout the bay area for affordable rates. I provide personal attention and would be willing to give you a free consultation if you call me at 415-441-1052.