Looking for an attorney that dose Contract law

Scottsdale, AZ |

Specifically Detrimental reliance, Its a personal matter and i need to speak to an attorney and possibly get some referrals .

It sounds like you are facing possible litigation over a contract. A claim for "Detrimental Reliance" is often not needed if there is a valid and binding contract. However, when the validity of a contract is in question, courts have equitable powers to give relief to someone who relied to their detriment. There are specific legal elements which must be satisfied to make a case for detrimental reliance. Since the facts of your case will determine whether you have a valid claim for detrimental reliance, you will likely need to meet with an attorney. Although the following does not constitute legal advice, and the following is not the specific restatement of the law according to the Arizona courts, the following elements typically must be satisfied to have a valid claim for detrimental reliance (promissory estoppel):
A promise was made
Relying on the promise was reasonable or foreseeable
There was actual and reasonable reliance on the promise
The reliance was detrimental
Injustice can only be prevented by enforcing the promise
I have experience with this type of claim, but I cannot offer you more information without the facts of your situation.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL, PLEASE CLICK TO MARK IT AS A GOOD ANSWER. The information provided above does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on for anything other than informational purposes. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

My firm handles contract drafting and review, so feel free to contact us at 480-345-8100 or email

Mr. Greeves is licensed to practice law throughout the state of Arizona. His office is in Tempe. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 480-345-8100 or his email address is His website is Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon. Each state has different laws, every situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Scott thanks for your fast reply I have called your firm but no one took the call could you please e-mail me so i can send you my phone number and we can talk about this case thanks

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes