Looking for an attorney that dose Contract law

Asked over 2 years ago - Scottsdale, AZ

Specifically Detrimental reliance, Its a personal matter and i need to speak to an attorney and possibly get some referrals .

1. Morgan Jay Seegmiller

3

Best Answer

Answered . It sounds like you are facing possible litigation over a contract. A claim for "Detrimental Reliance" is often not needed if there is a valid and binding contract. However, when the validity of a contract is in question, courts have equitable powers to give relief to someone who relied to their detriment. There are specific legal elements which must be satisfied to make a case for detrimental reliance. Since the facts of your case will determine whether you have a valid claim for detrimental reliance, you will likely need to meet with an attorney. Although the following does not constitute legal advice, and the following is not the specific restatement of the law according to the Arizona courts, the following elements typically must be satisfied to have a valid claim for detrimental reliance (promissory estoppel):
    A promise was made
    Relying on the promise was reasonable or foreseeable
    There was actual and reasonable reliance on the promise
    The reliance was detrimental
    Injustice can only be prevented by enforcing the promise
    I have experience with this type of claim, but I cannot offer you more information without the facts of your situation.

2. Scott L Greeves

1

Answered . My firm handles contract drafting and review, so feel free to contact us at 480-345-8100 or email contact@gprlaw.net