Looking for a Special Education attorney to attend an IEP meeting?

San Ramon, CA |

Looking for an attorney to attend an IEP meeting and dealing with SDC program.

1. I suggest you use the "Find a Lawyer" function here on Avvo to locate such an attorney in your area. Good luck.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

2. I am a special education attorney in the East Bay. Please call my office at 510-224-5146 to set up an appointment or complete the form on my website, http://brazylaw.com

3. i regularly atend IEPs and get good results, avoiding more expensive hearings down the road.

4. A parent is powerful advocate for their child when the parent reaches out for help navigating what is a very difficult process for parents. You have many choices, and I set forth the following about me for your consideration.

HANS GILLINGER specializes in representing students with disabilities with respect to their educational needs and related civil rights litigation.

In 2004 Hans began advocating for the special education rights of children and young adults while in law school. Graduating in 2005, he began at a law firm in parent practice. While serving his special needs clients, he performed extensive legal research and analysis of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the California Education Code, and implementing federal and state law regulations. During these first years of his practice, he represented clients’ interests at individual education program (IEP) meetings and through due process from filing for due process, through mediation, to the due process hearing.

Uniquely, Hans brings this prior parent practice experience together with the years he spent representing school districts and Special Education Local Plan Areas (SELPA) representing the interests of the institutions on special education matters. Hans comes to The Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates from the prestigious defense firm Burke, Williams & Sorensen that has served the needs of California public entities and joint power authorities since 1927. Knowing how school districts and their counsel evaluate cases, the reasons justifying a higher settlement offer, and the situations that compel school districts to fight as well as those that inspire cooperation with parents, enables him to obtain superior client outcomes.

Throughout his time in practice, he has represented both parent and school districts at due process hearings, and thereafter before federal trial courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Hans has consistently obtained favorable outcomes and prevailing party status for clients. He works with clients with numerous disabilities, unique needs, and individual goals. He has received endorsements and recommendations from clients and stakeholders in the field of special education with some available for review at:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/hans-gilinger/6/799/932

Good luck, and feel free to set up a free intake with our office to discuss your concerns.

Hans Gillinger
    Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates
    13323 Washington Blvd., Suite 300
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    tel: (310) 204-6624
    fax: (310) 204-6624
    Direct: (310) 279-5048
    Email: hans@bonniezyates.com
    web: bonniezyates.com

This is not legal advice and the within response does not create an attorney client relationship between this office/me and any other person or entity. Hans Gillinger Of Counsel Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates 13323 Washington Blvd., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90066 tel: (310) 204-6624 fax: (310) 204-6624 Direct: (310) 279-5048 Email: hans@bonniezyates.com web: bonniezyates.com