Looking for a Special Education attorney to attend an IEP meeting?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Ramon, CA

Looking for an attorney to attend an IEP meeting and dealing with SDC program.

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

1

Answered . I suggest you use the "Find a Lawyer" function here on Avvo to locate such an attorney in your area. Good luck.

2. Hans Albert Gillinger

Pro

1

Answered . A parent is powerful advocate for their child when the parent reaches out for help navigating what is a very difficult process for parents. You have many choices, and I set forth the following about me for your consideration.

HANS GILLINGER specializes in representing students with disabilities with respect to their educational needs and related civil rights litigation.

In 2004 Hans began advocating for the special education rights of children and young adults while in law school. Graduating in 2005, he began at a law firm in parent practice. While serving his special needs clients, he performed extensive legal research and analysis of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the California Education Code, and implementing federal and state law regulations. During these first years of his practice, he represented clients’ interests at individual education program (IEP) meetings and through due process from filing for due process, through mediation, to the due process hearing.

Uniquely, Hans brings this prior parent practice experience together with the years he spent representing school districts and Special Education Local Plan Areas (SELPA) representing the interests of the institutions on special education matters. Hans comes to The Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates from the prestigious defense firm Burke, Williams & Sorensen that has served the needs of California public entities and joint power authorities since 1927. Knowing how school districts and their counsel evaluate cases, the reasons justifying a higher settlement offer, and the situations that compel school districts to fight as well as those that inspire cooperation with parents, enables him to obtain superior client outcomes.

Throughout his time in practice, he has represented both parent and school districts at due process hearings, and thereafter before federal trial courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Hans has consistently obtained favorable outcomes and prevailing party status for clients. He works with clients with numerous disabilities, unique needs, and individual goals. He has received endorsements and recommendations from clients and stakeholders in the field of special education with some available for review at:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/hans-gilinger/6/799...

Good luck, and feel free to set up a free intake with our office to discuss your concerns.

Hans Gillinger
    Law Offices of Bonnie Z. Yates
    13323 Washington Blvd., Suite 300
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    tel: (310) 204-6624
    fax: (310) 204-6624
    Direct: (310) 279-5048
    Email: hans@bonniezyates.com
    web: bonniezyates.com

3. Betsy J. Brazy

Answered . I am a special education attorney in the East Bay. Please call my office at 510-224-5146 to set up an appointment or complete the form on my website, http://brazylaw.com

4. James Victor Kosnett

Pro

Answered . i regularly atend IEPs and get good results, avoiding more expensive hearings down the road.