Looking for a seasoned Child Custody / Contempt of Court Attorney near Easton Pa. Is there such n Attorney out there?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Whitehall, PA

Child custody order was established May 2, 2008. Mother moved to Maryland in October 2007. I was awarded custody, in the summer of 2008 child went to visit mother in Maryland, for the summer. One month later mother filed ex parta Emergency Injunctive Relief motion and convinced a judge not master I abandon child after 6 month custody battle. After violating court order numerous time master transferred custody to me 1/23/10. Mother again ex parta convinced Judge not master that she was not served. I have filed for divorce and and mother has filed bogus FRO in Maryland, never told them of Custody Order. Last Friday she didn't show for master conference matter was certified for contempt. on 3/26 i will file required document for contempt hearing. I need a lawyer for the next part. Can u help?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You might need the assistance of Maryland counsel as well. There are many qualified counsel on AVVO who would be happy to assist. Most of us offer free consultations.

    Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

    Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

    Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063

    E-Mail: custody@subrolaw.us

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more
  2. Answered . While there are search engines such as here on avvo.com you can also call the county bar association and ask them for a referral and vet attorneys that way. Most attorneys offer free consultations, and you can get a feel for how "aggressive" they are. All the best.

    My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents,... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation either).

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Related Topics

Child custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Family court and child custody cases

Family court can be the last resort for child custody disagreements when negotiation, mediation, or collaborative law fail to resolve custody disputes.

Samuel Jackson Siemon

Filing for Divorce, What to Expect

Filing for divorce can be a difficult and emotional decision but once you have decided that it must be done, what should you expect? What are the first steps? How long does it take? How... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,033 answers this week

3,950 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,033 answers this week

3,950 attorneys answering