Looking for a seasoned Child Custody / Contempt of Court Attorney near Easton Pa. Is there such n Attorney out there?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Whitehall, PA

Child custody order was established May 2, 2008. Mother moved to Maryland in October 2007. I was awarded custody, in the summer of 2008 child went to visit mother in Maryland, for the summer. One month later mother filed ex parta Emergency Injunctive Relief motion and convinced a judge not master I abandon child after 6 month custody battle. After violating court order numerous time master transferred custody to me 1/23/10. Mother again ex parta convinced Judge not master that she was not served. I have filed for divorce and and mother has filed bogus FRO in Maryland, never told them of Custody Order. Last Friday she didn't show for master conference matter was certified for contempt. on 3/26 i will file required document for contempt hearing. I need a lawyer for the next part. Can u help?

1. 1

Best Answer

Answered . You might need the assistance of Maryland counsel as well. There are many qualified counsel on AVVO who would be happy to assist. Most of us offer free consultations.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: custody@subrolaw.us

2. Answered . While there are search engines such as here on avvo.com you can also call the county bar association and ask them for a referral and vet attorneys that way. Most attorneys offer free consultations, and you can get a feel for how "aggressive" they are. All the best.

3. 1

1

Answered . Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation either).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.