Looking for a Plaintiff Personal Injury Attorney on contingency basis to take my case in Sacramento, CA

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

I chose a personal injury attorney from several attorneys who offered to take my six figure case on contingency basis against an insurance company.

My attorney mishandled my case leaving it mostly to his paralegal. The court sustained several demurrers by the insurance company's attorney with leave to amend. The court noted the deficiency of the complaint and the following amended complaints in articulating the facts and in citing the relevant case laws.

The court noted that the plaintiff can show cause but noted that it will not give any more leaves to amend.

The court set a very close date for the latest amended complaint to be submitted and thus there is no hearing where I can show up and notify the judge that I am getting a new attorney and that I need extra time.

What can I do?

1. Deborah Barron

5

Answered . Sounds like your case may involve personal injury where the statute of limitations or liability is at issue that would give rise to a demurrer as auto accidents do not usually involve demurrers. If this is in the Sacramento Court, I can view all the court filings on line and would be willing to take a look and explain what is going on with the case. Sounds like the time to do so is limited so please feel free to contact me as soon as possible.

2. David Alan Wolf

5

Answered . You should discuss the case with your current attorney and ask him to send you a letter or e-mail with the status and intended direction of the case. You may also consider having the case reviewed by another attorney. Hopefully, none of your rights or causes of actions have or will be limited. Good luck.

Pro

5

Answered . Luckily, Rosenthall has offered to look into this.

4. Constantine D. Buzunis

3

Answered . You can retain attorney Rosenthal who is willing to look into this and if appropriate file a substitution of attorneys if he agrees to take the case? He can go in ex parte and ask for time to review the file and prepare an amended complaint.

5. Robert Bruce Kopelson

3

Answered . Ask your current atty to go in ex parte to get more time for filing the amended complaint. Ask him to request other side agree to extension.

One or more answers have been taken down.