Looking for a low income attorney to get full custody of my 15 year old son in Pennsylvania .

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

My son wants to live with me , his mother has kept him out of school for 4 months now to watch the other 4 kids . She is now pregnant again with her boyfriends child and he does not work , he has 2 felonies and her alcoholic mom just moved in with them . My son wants to live with me , i go to college full time and work and he needs me in the worst way . He's tied up in the house all day and has no friends or social life . I don't have much money but he needs to get out of there .

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Randi Joy Silverman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It sounds like you may have an emergency situation. I do not know whether legal aid services in your county will assist you, but you should contact their office to find out. Also, your county bar association may have a lawyer referral service which lists the names of attorneys who may be willing to represent you at a reduced fee. Also, you might want to contact children and youth services to see if they can assist you.

    My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute... more
  2. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should file for emergency temporary custody and a modification of custody based on the fact that he has not been to school and the mother has the issues you identified. Id be happy to discuss this with you. Please feel free to call 610-565-7050 ext 23 during business hours

    Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

    Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, PA 19063 (Philadelphia Area)

    E-Mail: custody@Subrolaw.us

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more
  3. Michael W. Aitken

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You can try Philadelphia Legal Aid or a private practice attorney. If you like, feel free to contact me for a free initial consultation at 610-446-0690.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and does not in anyway constitute and/or form an attorney-client... more
  4. Mary Beth Reinecker


    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . All prior lawyers are correct on the emergency situation issue. You actually have a handful of legal issues. Depending what the felonies are for, and other possible convictions that may be lerking with Mom or other household members, the court may be required to remove the child upon a petition. Please note that I would NOT encourage you to try to do this by yourself - there are too many issues at stake and this may be the right time to act based on your facts. If you do it yourself and screw up by not knowing the law and what to argue, you may lose your chance.

    The phrase, "Low income" attorney made me laugh. If you have not already found an attorney, give me a call. I'm a sucker for a good story....

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now