Looking for a low income attorney to get full custody of my 15 year old son in Pennsylvania .

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

My son wants to live with me , his mother has kept him out of school for 4 months now to watch the other 4 kids . She is now pregnant again with her boyfriends child and he does not work , he has 2 felonies and her alcoholic mom just moved in with them . My son wants to live with me , i go to college full time and work and he needs me in the worst way . He's tied up in the house all day and has no friends or social life . I don't have much money but he needs to get out of there .

1. Randi Joy Silverman

1

Answered . It sounds like you may have an emergency situation. I do not know whether legal aid services in your county will assist you, but you should contact their office to find out. Also, your county bar association may have a lawyer referral service which lists the names of attorneys who may be willing to represent you at a reduced fee. Also, you might want to contact children and youth services to see if they can assist you.

2. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

1

Answered . You should file for emergency temporary custody and a modification of custody based on the fact that he has not been to school and the mother has the issues you identified. Id be happy to discuss this with you. Please feel free to call 610-565-7050 ext 23 during business hours

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

223 North Monroe Street
    Media, PA 19063 (Philadelphia Area)
    1-877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: custody@Subrolaw.us

3. Michael W. Aitken

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You can try Philadelphia Legal Aid or a private practice attorney. If you like, feel free to contact me for a free initial consultation at 610-446-0690.

4. Mary Beth Reinecker

Pro

Answered . All prior lawyers are correct on the emergency situation issue. You actually have a handful of legal issues. Depending what the felonies are for, and other possible convictions that may be lerking with Mom or other household members, the court may be required to remove the child upon a petition. Please note that I would NOT encourage you to try to do this by yourself - there are too many issues at stake and this may be the right time to act based on your facts. If you do it yourself and screw up by not knowing the law and what to argue, you may lose your chance.

The phrase, "Low income" attorney made me laugh. If you have not already found an attorney, give me a call. I'm a sucker for a good story....

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now