Looking for a lawyer with heart....personal injury case in wa state.......

Tacoma, WA |

looking for a lawyer because my lawyer wants to quit...liability is not an issue....just offer is law ball

There are many fantastic WA PI lawyers you can find with the Avvo search -- any one of them, myself included, would be happy to talk with you. Good luck!

Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

You should take attorney Doran's suggestion & call his office or another local personal injury attorney. I am confident attorney Doran or others will not charge a fee for an initial consultation.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Low ball offers are not uncommon. When you start meeting with potential attorneys to take your case, make sure you ask whether they would be able and willing to take your case to trial.

Call my office to schedule a free consultation.
Jim
253-683-4180

Ask around among your friends. My firm handles personal injury claims. Depending on your injuries, mandatory arbitration might be a way to go if damages are less than $50,000.

This response does not create a lawyer client relationship. Each case is determined on its specific facts and this reply is intended for a general audience and facts particular to your case may affect the answer. Consult with an attorney in person for specific answers to your questions.

Perhaps your current attorney is evaluating the case correctly. Each case is different and very much dependent on the facts, i.e. the evidence regarding vehicle impact forces and injuries and the person's pre-accident medical status. As well, a good attorney should at all times be evaluating the case from the perspective of maximizing the client's NET recovery. I am referring to the fact that litigation is not inexpensive (and not without its risks). By way of a hypothetical example, if we receive a settlement offer of, say, $10,000 in a given case, prior to filing suit, it really doesn't make economic sense to file suit unless I am reasonably confident that a jury would award the client AT LEAST $20,000, because of the costs of litigation and their impact on the client's NET recovery.

If you haven't done so already perhaps it would be wise to ask your attorney to send you a letter setting out their detailed evlauation of your case, in terms of its settlement and jury verdict value.

Good luck to you.

In addition to the suggestions my colleagues have already mentioned for you, I would add that you might also see whether any of the medical providers you already feel comfortable with have any input to offer you on your situation. Some of their other patients in situations like yours probably shared their positive experiences with their attorneys.

We have heart and are willing to talk to you about your injury case. Please call. Ask for Ruth. She's the owner of the firm and will let you know if she thinks we can help.

Our number is 425-227-4260.

Sue Holm

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

There are a lot of lawyers out there with heart... A part of having a heart is being honest with people. Sometimes cases can be won but are not worth bringing. You don't spend $5000 to develop a $5000 case. Sometimes clients want us to finance the costs of litigation when we don't feel it is cost effective. My suggestion is go have a heart to heart talk with your lawyer...