Looking for a lawyer to come with me to family court to put oop on family members due to a disagreement pertaining to a will.

Mastic Beach, NY |

My father passed away and I am protesting the will along with my brother , out of 7 siblings only 4 was included in the will splitting his estate of 25 percent each. My family members are harassing me and threatening to cause physical injury to me. I need a lawy to go with me to do thi. I have a heart problem and I'm getting alot of discomfort due to this.

You don't need a lawyer to get an order of protection. Just go to the court. Depending on the actual conduct you can also call the police.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

If you feel physically threatened then you have the right to call the police.

It sounds like you have two issues. You do not need an attorney to obtain a protection from abuse order and if you feel threatened do not hesitate to contact the police. But you will need an attorney if you want to challenge a will or the administration of a will.

Recommended articles about Family law