Skip to main content

Looking for a lawyer to come with me to family court to put oop on family members due to a disagreement pertaining to a will.

Mastic Beach, NY |

My father passed away and I am protesting the will along with my brother , out of 7 siblings only 4 was included in the will splitting his estate of 25 percent each. My family members are harassing me and threatening to cause physical injury to me. I need a lawy to go with me to do thi. I have a heart problem and I'm getting alot of discomfort due to this.

Attorney Answers 3


You don't need a lawyer to get an order of protection. Just go to the court. Depending on the actual conduct you can also call the police.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


If you feel physically threatened then you have the right to call the police.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


It sounds like you have two issues. You do not need an attorney to obtain a protection from abuse order and if you feel threatened do not hesitate to contact the police. But you will need an attorney if you want to challenge a will or the administration of a will.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics