Skip to main content

Looking for a lawyer that handles Elderly Neglect cases that resulted in a death at a South Fl Hospital.

Miami, FL |

The laws are tricky when it comes to Malpractice if an elderly person don't have a spouse, or kids under 25 years of age, this case is Elderly Neglect, and or Malpractice. We feel the hospital did not monitor his heart, and blood pressure during dialysis, they forgot to hook him up properly.
The person is over 70 years.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. First, please understand that this forum doesn't really function as a jobs bulletin board, so you may not get much in the way of a response to your post. You will have to take the initiative and contact attorneys to find one to represent you. Also, medical malpractice cases are expensive to pursue, difficult to prove and highly technical in nature, since you need experts to establish what the standard of care is and that it was breached in some fashion. You are going to need to have a medical malpractice attorney get the files and have them reviewed by a physician to determine if professional negligence occurred and if there is any recourse. The attorney can also advise regarding who has the ability to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find attorneys in your area to consult with. Best of luck to you...

    THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

  2. Find a medical malpractice attorney on You will receive a free consultation. You will receive some answers to your questions.

  3. i am sorry for your loss, use avvo to find a lawyer licensed in the state this happened in asap

  4. As you have recognized, the damages for a 70 year-old, unmarried person with children over 25 years of age who dies from medical malpractice, are restricted to loss of net accumulations, medical and funeral bills. Typically, these are not enough to justify suit.

    This is intentional on the part of our legislature.

    I don't see how calling it something else will make any difference.

    This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed.

  5. You have come to the right site to find a lawyer. Simply go to Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to locate an attorney close to your home.

  6. There is another, little-known, statute which provides an alternative avenue to sue a healthcare provider. I believe the statute number is chapter 497 of the Florida statutes and prohibits abuse of the elderly and disabled by a caretaker.
    When I have time, I will try to get the exact citation to you.
    Robert Shapiro

    The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics