Looking for a law cost child custody lawyer in Bergen County nj.

Hackensack, NJ |

Father of 8 year old boy, has a 50/50 custody. Ex girlfriend( mother of the son) is requesting full custody. Father is married right now and his wife is working per diem jobs. She won't be able to work in a week anymore. Is there any lawyer that could help to take the case for an affordable fee?

You can contact legal services to see if you qualify for free legal assistance, www.lsnj.org
Also contact the county bar association for their lawyer referral service, some counties have income based reduced fee programs.

This response is not to be construed as legal advice and is provided for educational purposes only. This response does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response provides general legal information and education. This response does not address any specifics concerning this inquiry, as the inquiry as written may have omitted details which would make the reply unsuitable. The inquirer is strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in his or her own state to acquire more information about this issue. Licensed to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

I called legal services and they told me we should get a private lawyer, that we don't qualify for any help from them, I'm gonna call county bar association now. Thank you!

I just called the bar association, the bergen county doesn't have a based on income lawyer fee. They would just referr me to a private attorney, and it would be up to an attorney as what fee he/she would charge

Are you the father or the mother? Please feel free to give me a call to discuss further.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

I'm actually the wife of the father. Can you tell me what is your regular fee?

Benjamin G Kelsen

Benjamin G Kelsen

please give me a call this afternoon in greater detail. I will work with you.

My husband has been trying to reach you with no luck.I also sent you an email saying that(via AVVO) Could you send me a number he should call to talk about this case? Thank you!

Benjamin G Kelsen

Benjamin G Kelsen

201-370-6351

The term "affordable" has different meanings to different people. Best thing you can do is shop around for an attorney who is familiar with child custody cases and try to schedule a consultation so the attorney can get a look at the particulars of your case and quote you a price from there.

Keep in mind that custody battles are emotionally draining and time consuming, so bear that in mind when you get a quote from an attorney. Explain your situation financially and see if you can find an attorney who would work with you. Start looking on AVVO first, then you can go from there.

Hope this has been helpful and good luck with the custody battle.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.

Thank you. That's why we are looking for a low cost attorney, we hope that this time we can put a stop to her accusations. My husband used to have a 100% of custody and he changed it to 50/50 couple of years ago. A lot of things is in our favor( dyfs, family court), however his ex got a public defender, that's why we need to get a lawyer.

Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Cost/affordability is a very relative term. What is low cost to you may be expensive to someone else. If you need help finding a lawyer you can contact the Bergen County Bar Association. For certain lower-income individuals, Legal Services may be able to help. Above all else including cost, be concerned with a competent, trustworty and experienced family lawyer who will work towards the best interests of your children and family.