Looking for a good medical malpractice/wrongful death attorney in San Diego! The following is a brief summary of my situation.

San Diego, CA |

Three weeks ago my aunt checked herself into the Hospital due to back pain. They determined she had a tumor on her spine causing pressure and decided to remove it. The hospital called my mother after the operation to update her because we are her only living relatives. We were told the tumor was removed, they would transfer her to a rehab facility within a few days, and she may never be able to walk again (wheelchair bound). Two days later the hospital called again, said that she had acquired pneumonia while in their care. They transferred her to hospice & said she had a couple days left to live. We rushed right there, and were told that there was nothing they could do for her. They had her on morphine, no water or food, and she died within 31 hours. Not enough room to continue!

1. At the bottom of this page in the left column is a "Find a Lawyer" button which is a good place to start.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation either).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

3. Try John Mac Avoy in San Diego

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

4. There are two requirements for success in a medical malpractice matter: (1) a healthcare provider doing something below the standard of care and (2) harms/damages as a result of the substandard care. As easy as this sounds, successfully proving these two elements is anything but easy.

Failure to timely diagnose cancer leads to many a call to a medical malpractice attorney, but as horribly sad as these scenarios are... the successful failure to diagnose cancer case is rare... not only does the successful plaintiff have to prove that the cancer should have been detected but has to prove that if it had been detected earlier, the patient would have done much much much better... since cancer is still one of the top killer diseases, people who are diagnosed with cancer may not do well with treatment at any stage when detected.

None-the-less, anyone who even thinks he or she has a medical malpractice case should immediately consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Most of us offer free consultations, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.
    *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law. *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.

5. Sorry for your loss. It may be a diffcult case because you have a case that requires you to prove not only that there was neglgence, but that the negligence caused the passing.

Medical malpractice topics