Skip to main content

Looking for a divorce attorney that would be able to help me out for a child support hearing. But I am financially strapped,

Fort Mill, SC |
Filed under: Child support

and with that being said I wouldn't be able to pay the full amount up front. I'm hoping to get a tax refund that might cover the fees associated with the hearing. Would it be possible to retain a lawyer anyways?

Attorney Answers 2


You might contact SC Legal Services, our state's legal aid group, to see if they might can assist in this type of matter. Also, if you have a lot of other debt, and could pay your child support if you didn't have as much to pay to other creditors, then you might want to get a bankruptcy consultation, since child support arrears can be paid back in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, while other creditors are paid much less than the full amount over time without any interest.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I would agree with the above attorney's advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics