Skip to main content

Looking for a Child Support Lawyer

Hobart, IN |

I'm a low income single mother of a 6 yr old and 18 month old. I need a childsupport lawyer that is not too expensive. Been separated from my boyfriend for a year and a half. He lives in Chicago but his address is unknown. I have his phone # and SS #. I contacted him for help yesterday and he threatened me. I found out he has been married for the last 13 yrs and pays childsupport to his wife through the Illinois childsupport system.
Any lawyer that is not too expensive and has monthly payment and wants to represent me comment. I live in Hobart Indiana.

Attorney Answers 2


Have you tried contacting the Prosecutor's office? Usually they have a child support division that will help you establish support for a very low one-time fee, like $25. That would be a good place to start. If that doesn't help, then call the Bar Association in your county and ask about pro bono lawyers.

Good luck!

Kate Flood
Indianapolis divorce attorney

The foregoing is not intended to be specific legal advice, but rather general information. Because of the nature of this online, non-confidential forum, and because each and every family law case is different, it is impossible for any attorney to consider all of the facts of your specific case and provide a concrete answer. If you require specific legal advice, you should retain a qualified attorney in your area.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Absolutely call the prosecutors office immediately. They will help you obtain an order of child support and enforce it. They charge a one time fee I think of $30. Best money you will ever spend.

Because of that program you are not going to find many lawyers who will take your case on a reduced fee. However call the local bar association and they will be able to give you a referral to a local legal aid clinic.

Also since you are in that area call Valpo Law School. They have a legal aid clinic as well.

Note that this answer is NOT a substitute for legal advice, nor does it create an attorney client relationship. Please consult with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics