Looking for a criminal defense lawyer.

I m looking to hire a lawyer, to help me remove a deferred disposition off my record. The charge was for minor assault, there was no arrest and i have no prior convictions

Dallas, TX -

Todd Bennett Steele

Todd Bennett Steele

Criminal Defense Attorney - Brownwood, TX

Most attorneys, like myself, offer consultations at no charge. From your post, it sounds like expunction is very possible, but a phone or in person consult would be necessary.

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Violent Crime Lawyer - Dallas, TX

You may be able to have the case sealed if it was not a family violence case. If it was a class C, you can expunge it completely. Feel free to call my office if you want me to look into it. 214-365-9800.

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Angelo, TX

How to find a criminal defense lawyer is a really important question, and one that is rarely asked on avvo.

First, understand that most criminal defense lawyers do not charge for the first visit with a prospective client. Some do, so ask when you call for an appointment.

Who should you call? How do you get names? One way is to make a few appointments and at the end of the appointment ask the lawyer whom he or she would suggest if you do not hire the lawyer you're visiting with.

Another is avvo. On avvo, you will see ratings for lawyers. You will also may see endorsements of lawyers by other lawyers. You can get a pretty good idea who is a "big dog" and who is not.

The phone book is still a pretty good place to start. Most lawyer ads list what areas the lawyer handles.

Jack Carroll

Jack Carroll

Criminal Defense Attorney - Houston, TX

In Texas, if the assault involved a family member and was dismissed via completion of deferred adjudication you will never be able to remove it from your record, even if it was dropped to a class c misdemeanor. However if it was just a simple assault dismissed thru sucessful completion of deferred adjudication you are able to hide the public record by filing a certificate of non-disclosure.